We all crave a healthy life, do regular exercises, and provide our bodies with healthy food. Much of the attention is usually on the foods we eat for a healthy lifestyle. Today we want to shift focus to all the other chemicals in our lives that we can avoid.
Laundry is something we use weekly and allow plenty of chemicals to get absorbed into our skin. Conventional detergents might seem like a more effective and cheaper option. But did you know that by using them,you could be risking your and your families’ health? As well as the health of aquatic life?
Conventional detergents are likely to be a mixture of synthetic chemicals and additives cooked up in a chemical plant. On the other hand, organic Chemical-free washing detergents are made with non-toxic and natural ingredients. Besides, they are certified as organic by the government or an independent agency after testing components.
Truth about the conventional chemical detergent:
We wear clothes all day and night, and although your skin is a protective barrier, it can still absorb 60% of things it comes into contact with. So, there are high chances all the chemicals used in the conventional detergents go directly into your skin.
- Since your skin can absorb the chemical residue leftover from conventional detergents, it gives rise to many skin allergies, especially if you have sensitive skin. It is most harmful to the delicate skin of kids.
- Exposure to chemicals all day can also lead to many respiratory problems in the long run.
- Some of the most commonly found chemicals in conventional detergents are proven and known carcinogens or endocrine disruptors, which is a huge issue for people who have thyroid.
- Chemicals present in the conventional detergents not only harmful for us but also choke aquatic life and cause water pollution. Therefore, even government suggests using Washing powder without chemicals.
Chemicals found in a conventional washing powder:
NPE (NONYLPHENOL ETHOXYLATE): It is also known as the “Gender Bender,” it mimics estrogen in the body, causing hormone imbalance and reproductive problems. Therefore, it is also banned in Canada and Europe.
- SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE (BLEACH): it is a highly poisonous toxin that can cause tissue damage in the long run.
- PHOSPHATES: these are most detrimental to the environment because they stimulate plants’ growth at an unsafe rate, harmful for animals, and pollute water.
- PHENOLS: it easily gets absorbed into the skin and harmful for pregnant ladies as it can be toxic to the fetus and embryos.
- SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE: it can be highly irritating to the skin and cause asthma attacks and dermatitis.
Why use Chemical-free washing detergent?
Your skin remains in contact with your clothes all day. If you are using chemical-based washing detergents, there are chances that some of the chemical residue is left in the fibers of cloth that may come get absorbed into your skin. If the detergent is extremely harsh, it can also cause skin allergies.
Organic chemical-free washing detergents are hypoallergenic and are mild in nature which is very beneficial for people with sensitive skin. They also do not contain any chemicals that can be harmful to your skin and your family.
Washing powder without chemicals is designed and manufactured so that they are eco-friendly and do not harm the environment in any way. The main goal of organic companies is to produce top-quality products, making sure that production does not negatively affect the environment. In this way, users can feel good about purchasing laundry detergents that do not harm nature.
Chemical-free washing detergents have consistently shown better results than chemical detergents and cleaners. It is because they consist of ingredients that are taken from plants considered better than chemical based ingredients.
If the detergent is chemical based, even freshly washed clothes may feel gummy. It is not the case if natural detergents are used for washing clothes. You can also use a few drops of essential oils while washing clothes to retain a natural aroma.
Now that you know everything about Chemical-free washing detergents, we hope you would give a thought to implementing it in your lifestyle and give your little contribution towards a better and greener planet.