There are many reasons why we may want to conduct an Instant Breath Alcohol DetectionTest. Maybe you are a concerned employer who wants to conduct random testing of your employees to make sure they are not abusing any illicit drug or substances, or you are a part of a research team that is looking to study the drinking habits of people. Either way, you are going to have to test a lot of people. Thus, you need a detection test that gives you accurate results rapidly and is also cost-effective.
Fortunately for you, oral cubes are the perfect way to test for alcohol consumption and abuse of drugs. It uses oral fluids to provide real-time drug screening. It gives accurate results quickly and also will not cost you much. Let’s learn more about what an oral cube is, how it works, and why you should use it as an Instant Breath Alcohol DetectionTest.
What is anoral cube?
An oral cube test kit compromises a lot of different elements. There is a sponge tip that is used to extract samples from the subject. It also has a collection cube and a test cube that displays colored lines indicating the presence of different elements through a window.
The whole procedure is straightforward and can be done adequately by anyone without creating a mess. It can be summarized as followed:
- The test subject is asked not to consume anything such as food, drink, gum for 10 minutes before the test. Doing this prevents the dilution or contamination of the saliva.
- The oral cube test kit is brought to room temperature. This helps the result from being affected by extreme temperatures so you can get accurate results.
- The sponge end of the collection tube is inserted into the subject’s mouth. He/She is asked to bite the sponge, swab on the insides of cheeks and under the tongue for approximately 3 minutes. This allows the sponge to be adequately saturated with the oral fluids.
- The sponge tip is collected with the collector tube, which is thus fitted onto the test cube.
- Colored lines are visible through the test window indicating results for different elements.
So as we see, it is a simple procedure that anyone can administer as it doesn’t need any specific expertise. It doesn’t create any mess and provides fast results.
Why use an oral cube testing kit?
There are a lot of reasons to consider using an oral cube testing kit for alcohol and drug detection. Some of them are:
Using oral cubes testing kits is very convenient. They are super easy to use and provide quick results. There is no need to collect and use urine samples as needed for other types of tests. Also, no other apparatus is required in order to assist with the testing, like refrigeration to provide extremely cold temperatures to store samples.
- Performance and Intregity
Since saliva samples are constantly monitored, they cannot be tampered with, unlike urine samples which are tampered with all the time. Also, oral cubes can be used to detect the presence of a lot of different drugs. They provide accurate results since they are not affected by any external factors.
What drugs can be detected?
A wide array of drugs in different concentrations can be detected by oval cubes testing. Here are the detectable drugs and substances and their cutoff levels.
- Amphetamine (AMP) – 50ng/ml
- Benzodiazepines (BZO) – 50ng/ml
- Cocaine (COC) – 50ng/ml
- Methamphetamine (Meth) – 50ng/ml
- Opiates (OPI) – 50ng/ml
- Marijuana (THC) – 25ng/ml
- Alcohol – > 0.02% BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration)
Oral cubes are the best Instant Breath Alcohol DetectionTest. Due to their extremely high sensitivity, they can provide the right results even with a small amount of oral fluids sample.
How old drug and alcohol consumption can be detected?
How long your body takes to flush out the drug and alcohol completely from your system depends on several factors ranging from the type of drug to the metabolism of the person who consumed them. It can stay in your system from 48 hours to 72 hours; sometimes, it can even stay as long as three weeks. Recommended testing time should be 24 hours after consumption. If you want to conduct a random test for your employees, a 24-hour notice would be the ideal choice as it gives both parties plenty of time to prepare for the testing, and traces of drug or alcohol can still be detected effectively.