Depression has many different triggers. The reason for this mood disorder can be genetics, grief, abuse, addiction, failure, and more. It should be nipped in the bud with the proper treatment to prevent the person from hurting themselves. Over time, many famous people have taken their own lives because they suffered from depression, such as Amy Winehouse, George Michael, Chris Cornell, and others. Some lost their lives because of an overdose or taking the wrong combination of medication, like Michael Jackson and Prince. Modern medicine can begin to cure depression after several weeks of ingesting tablets, making it vital to regularly monitor the person for the first two months.
Daniel Reyes owns the best therapy center in San Antonio, Texas, and is accredited with the creation of the BioMagnetic Code. As a trainer, he imparts first-hand knowledge on healing the mind, body, and soul through this revolutionary natural technique. They are recognized by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and their academy offers board certification for holistic practitioners.
An overview of nine types of depression
Let’s take a look at the symptoms of depression to assist you determine if you require non-invasive treatment from a certified therapist in San Antonio:
- Major Depression –
- Lack of interest or loss of pleasure in activities
- Gain or loss of weight
- Difficulty in falling asleep or feeling drowsy during the day
- Feeling agitated and restless
- Sluggish and slowed down physically or mentally
- Low energy levels
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of suicide
- Persistent Depressive Disorder –
- Change in your appetite (not eating enough or overeating)
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Lack of energy or fatigue
- Low self-esteem
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling hopeless
- Bipolar Disorder –
- Swings in mood ranging from extremes of high energy with an ‘up’ mood to low ‘depressive’ phases. When in the low phase, symptoms of major depression are displayed
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) –
- Major depression that most often occurs during the winter months, when the days grow short and you rarely see sunshine.
- Psychotic Depression –
- Hallucinations (imagining things that don’t exist)
- Delusions (false beliefs)
- Paranoia (a fake sense that others are trying to harm you)
- Peripartum (Postpartum) Depression –
- Major depression for weeks and months following childbirth
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) –
- Mood swings
- Feeling irritable
- Anxiety without reason
- Trouble concentrating and focusing
- Feeling fatigued
- Change in appetite or sleep habits
- Feelings of being overwhelmed
- ‘Situational’ Depression –
- Facing trouble managing a stressful event in your life
- Atypical Depression –
- Bigger appetite
- Sleeping more than usual
- Feeling of heaviness in your arms and legs
- Oversensitive to criticism
If you are worried about the side-effects of medication for depression, being cautious is justified. Modern treatment for this mood disorder may have side-effects like nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, etc. A holistic BioMagnetism therapist in San Antonio helping you fight depression will not use any medication to treat and cure you. Instead, they’ll get to the root cause of the trigger for your depression and help you overcome genetic shortcomings.
Many therapists for depression in San Antonio and elsewhere believe everything that happens in the mind is because of our past experiences. It’s best to seize the day rather than constantly dwell on history. Scientists have pointed out that depression and anxiety are connected with our gut’s health, plus multiple aspects of our thinking process will be determined by its micro-biome. The most advanced technique called Micro bioenergetics is used, which is the emotional, energetic, and symbolic codes behind microbes providing support to our emotional state and helping us evolve.
Unfortunately, depression isn’t something that can be taken lightly and has a far-reaching impact on the body, mind, and soul. Any mood disorder will affect our body’s immune system and lower its strength to fight off pathogens. With the correct balance of acidity and alkalinity, our body becomes inhospitable for parasites, bacteria, fungus, and viruses. Maintaining this fine balance is achieved through BioMagnetism and does not require medication. The therapy does not interfere with any drugs that have been prescribed to the individual by their doctors.
As the popularity of non-invasive methods for healing the mind, body, and soul grows, the Holistic Academy in San Antonio certifies more and more therapists for depression and other disorders. In the near future, they will add hypnotherapy training to their academy, which is already famous for producing the best board certified holistic practitioners.