In recent times, yoni steaming, also known as vaginal steaming has seen a surge in its popularity. Today, several women are embracing this practice and getting benefits from its vast and varied benefits. Vaginal steaming has been practiced for thousands of years. It is considered an effective remedy for addressing several issues related to the female reproductive organs, including the vagina, cervix, and uterus.
Practiced by several healers across the globe, yoni steaming allows you to reconnect with your body-mind, and soul by utilizing the wisdom of plant medicine. If you are wondering what Yoni Steaming is and whether you can benefit from it, read on!
What is Yoni Steaming?
Yoni steaming involves sitting over a yoni steam seat, including a hot pot of steaming water that contains plenty of natural herbs such as rosemary, chamomile, wormwood, mugwort, and basil. The volatile chemicals released by the herbs enter the vaginal tissues and provide a therapeutic effect. Yoni steaming has been practiced in different cultures using different names such as V-Steams, Chai-yok, Bajos, etc.
It has been associated with almost every culture. Yoni steams from Asia to Africa have been used to maintain wellness and health, especially after having a baby. Yoni steaming effectively cleans the uterus, releases toxins, strengthens reproductive organs, and regulates menstrual cycles.
In recent years, vaginal steaming has become popular in Western countries as an effective holistic treatment. In fact, celebrities like Chrissy Teigen and Gwyneth Paltrow, Khloe Kardashian have praised its benefits.
Health Benefits of Yoni Steaming
- Reduce, and shrink fibroids
- Reduce ovarian cysts
- Reduce uterine pain
- Helps in weight loss post-birth
- Provides a speedy recovery from vaginal tear, episiotomy, and c-sections
- Reduces the symptoms of menopause
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Regulate irregular and absent menstrual cycles
- Improve fertility
- Overcome chronic vaginal and yeast infections
- Eliminate infection and odor
- Detoxify the womb
- Release all negative energies stored in the uterus
- Reduce pain and bloating due to menstruation
Some Interesting Things about Vaginal Steaming
- Vaginal steaming has been practiced in several countries across the globe, such as South Korea, Vietnam, Turkey, Sweden, Italy, Ghana, Kenya, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad, Hawaii, etc.
- Rose petals, calendula blossoms, yarrow flowers and leaves, oregano (antimicrobial), basil (soothes itching), and chamomile (antiseptic) are offered to ensure an optimal vaginal environment and vaginal hygiene.
- Vaginal steaming is a life-changing experience that allows you to reconnect to a part of your body that we often ignore.
- It’s a safe, luxurious, affordable, and relaxing way that promotes an undeniable connection to feminine energy.
- The herbal steam improves blood circulation, thins mucus, and strengthens the whole system, allowing it to shed old membrane and mucus build-up.
- Natural oils of plants released through steam support the womb to return to her natural and emotional alignment.
- Apart from maintaining general vaginal health and wellness, it can help manage painful periods, infections, dryness, missing periods, endometriosis, polyps, cysts, PMS, PMDD, etc.
- Yoni steaming is often paired with acupuncture for postpartum care and recovery. This helps optimize your hormonal health.
How is it supposed to work?
While there are various ways to conduct the yoni steam session, which changes based upon cultural practice, the popular way is to sit over a sauna box that includes a carefully crafted blend of steaming water and the highest quality aromatic, toning, and healing herbs. Herbs can be used alone or combined with several other herbs such as mugwort, wormwood, chamomile, calendula, basil, oregano.
What are the Health benefits?
Yoni steaming has always been considered a natural way to clean the vagina, uterus, and entire reproductive tract. But the health benefits don’t stop there. They can also help with several conditions, such as:
- Hormone imbalances
- Digestive issues
- Generalized pain
The Bottom Line
When you undergo vaginal steaming, it allows you to release toxins out of your vagina, uterus, and ovaries through the increased blood flow and opening of pores in the region. That doesn’t mean steaming only helps in release physical toxins. Instead, these sessions will incredibly nourish your feminine essence. More importantly, you will feel empowered, invigorated, and rejuvenated!