Let’s get directly to the topic. We all want smooth hair. Hair smoothing products for fine hair can reduce the frizz and dryness of the hair for an elegant and shiny finish. Your hair crowns your face and significantly impacts your overall appearance. But, choosing the right product is quite challenging when thousands of products are on the market.
The best hair smoothing products never include phthalates, parabens, sulfates, silicones, benzene, formaldehyde, BHA, BHT, MIT, or CMIT. These ingredients can cause hair loss and are linked to certain cancers.
In addition, it can be confusing when choosing cruelty-free hair products. How do you truly know that no living being was harmed while making hair products? The answer is easy: do your homework, research, and read company guidelines.
For instance, you don’t have to visit anywhere to choose the best hair care products. Here are all details for selecting the best products for your hair type.
Do You Know Your Hair Type?
Before choosing the right hair care products, determining your hair type is crucial for knowing which products would work best for your hair. Most people use the wrong products because they are unaware of their hair types. Here are the factors that can help you determine what type of hair you have:
Texture of hair
The texture of hair falls into three categories: fine, medium, and thick. It is divided into three categories based on holding capacity. Fine hair does not hold well; you need to backcomb and use extra strong hairspray. Thick hair holds very well but can often be difficult to give style.
Finally, medium hair is the best because the hairstyle holds well, and the hair is also easy to style. Thus, knowing this will help you better determine which hair smoothing products for fine hair you should incline towards.
Know your scalp
To know your scalp type, wash your hair as usual. Dry & don’t apply any hair products. After 24 hours, gently press to your scalp with a tissue.
- If there is oil residue on the tissue, you have an oily scalp.
- If you notice less trace of oil on the tissue, you have a normal scalp.
- If there is nothing on the tissue, you have a dry scalp.
Once you know how your hair is porous, it can help you determine what kind of chemical treatments your hair can resist as well as what type of hair smoothing products for fine hair you should be putting on your hair.
You can determine your hair porosity by placing a single strand of hair into a water bowl. There will be 3 outputs, namely:
- High porosity (hair sinks to the bottom).
- Medium porosity (hair floats on top).
- Low porosity (hair floats in somewhere in the middle of water).
Note: If you want to utilize cruelty-free hair products, follow the above points to discover your hair type. Only then can you avail the benefits of your selected hair care products.
What are the benefits of Cruelty-Free Hair products?
Cruelty-free products contain different types of preservatives and are water-insoluble but don’t make them less effective. On the contrary, cruelty-free products contain plant-derived and gentle ingredients but work equally well. Let’s look at the benefits of using these products:
- Hair smoothing products for fine hair contain ingredients that will clean and nourish the hair, as it is soft and suitable for sensitive hair and scalp.
- Cruelty-free products do not contain synthetic and harsh chemicals and thus are suitable for you and your family.
- Unlikely to cause any allergic reactions. This is because it do not contains any chemical compounds and animal-by-products. If your skin is sensitive, this can be the best option.
- Cruelty-free hair products are safe for both hair and the environment. They are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
The Bottom Line
A company providing cruelty-free & plant-based products is fewer in the market. First, list some companies providing hair care products, then, compare- based on their ingredients, testimonials, and product cost. At last, taking care of your fine hair and using the right products can transform your hair quality.