Acupuncture is one of the best therapies that fall under traditional Chinese medicines used within physiotherapy to manage body pain, soft tissue injuries and stimulate the body’s healing hormones to aid in injury recovery and enhance rehabilitation.
Taking acupuncture therapy in Colombia by professional acupuncturists helps control pain by stimulating the brain and spinal cord, releasing natural pain-relieving hormones, such as endorphins, serotonin promoting health, and melatonin to treat insomnia and give good sleep.
These chemicals aid in the body’s healing procedure and can be used as an add-on to physiotherapy practices.
When do we take Acupuncture therapy?
Acupuncture therapy is mainly done for pain relief. It is one of the treatment modalities for muscle and joint pain such as neck and back pain, pelvic pain, pregnancy-related back, shoulder pain, tension headache, knee pain, fibromyalgia. It also treats anxieties and chronic painful conditions.
An ancient method with modern benefits
Acupuncture originated in China about 5000 years ago. This Traditional Chinese therapy recognizes thousands of acupuncture points in the whole body.
These days, acupuncture is mainly used to treat acute pain or chronic pain conditions, including muscle and joint pain and pain from arthritis and syndromes like fibrositis. In addition to treating pain, acupuncture can also be used for patients with:
- Stress or anxiety
- Digestive problems
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Muscle tension or cramps
One of the key benefits of getting acupuncture treatment in Columbia is that it can help address these problems without depending on the long-term use of drugs or other more intrusive treatments.
How acupuncture works
Even though many studies support the benefits of acupuncture, nobody knows how it works. In fact, scientists aren’t totally sure how acupuncture functions—but they do have some solid theories and proof.
In Chinese medicine, physicians realized that acupuncture works by regulating the “qi” (Chi) —body’s natural energy. According to their practices, energy moves around the meridians in the body, forming patterns that promote good health. When chi gets “stuck,” it causes ache, pain, and other unfriendly symptoms. Acupuncturists place needles at specific points along these meridians to help release and control the qi, restoring energy flow.
Nowadays, medical scientists and researchers think acupuncture therapy predominantly works by triggering natural healing responses. When thread-like thin needles are injected, they create a small portion of “controlled damage” that the body identifies as injuries. This builds up a series of healing, including beneficial immune responses and inflammatory. Plus, acupuncture promotes optimum blood flow to the area, providing oxygen and nourishments while flushing out toxins.
Most individuals benefit from a series of acupuncture therapies. Acupuncturist set your acupuncture treatment plan according to your particular needs. Many people realize that they feel well from twice-weekly therapy sessions for the first month, then weekly after that.
What to expect?
- While performing acupuncture in Columbia, there is a use of pre-sterilized, one-use needles of different sizes that pierce the skin layer at specific acupuncture points.
- Several needles may be used in each session and are left in position for about 25–30 minutes before being removed.
- Acupuncture treatment is not a pain-free modality; The placement of the needle can cause a sensation of pain and is referred to as ‘de qi.’
- The acupuncturist will specify the acupuncture points after a complete examination of the patient. Therapists may insert needles at traditional acupuncture points, trigger points, or both.
- Patients will normally need about three sessions before the acupuncturist can be sure of the effect, although some may experience instant effects after therapy.
- The effect of this therapy is cumulative, and the pain is relieved as the treatment gets better.
A team of professional acupuncturists provides effective acupuncture for patients in their practices in Colombia. Call a therapist today to know how acupuncture therapy can help you feel better.